Suzanne obtained her J.D. from Barry University School of Law in 2006 and now practices in the areas of corporate law and intellectual property with a focus on small business. Prior to her legal career, Suzanne worked for over ten years as a database and systems engineer and consultant for software firms. A serial entrepreneur, Suzanne previously owned a catering business and a database consulting firm. In her sparetime, Suzanne volunteers as a Guardian ad Litem with the Legal Aid Society and is Vice President of the Grown Ass Woman Brigade, a non-profit she co-founded in 2012. Suzanne writes a monthly column for Solo Practice University, the number one web-based educational and professional networking community for solo lawyers and law students.
- Attorney at The Meehle Law Firm, P.A., Altamonte Springs, FL — 2010 - Present
Practice focused on corporate and intellectual property transactions for small businesses.
- Attorney at Innes & Meehle, P.L., Altamonte Springs, FL — 2009 - 2010
Practice focused on business law and intellectual property transactions for small businesses.
- Associate at Shuffield, Lowman & Wilson, P.A., Orlando, FL — 2006-2009
Practice focused on business law and intellectual property transactions and trademark & copyright litigation.
- Law Clerk at Shuffield, Lowman & Wilson, P.A., Orlando, FL — 2005-2006
Clerkship focused on trademark and copyright law.
- Law Clerk at Boehm, Brown et al., Maitland, FL — 2004-2005
Clerkship focused on insurance defense law.
- Study Group Leader, Barry University School of Law, Orlando, FL — 2005
- Copy Editor at Gould Publications, Longwood, FL — 2005
- Support Engineer at American Presence, LLC, Melbourne, FL — 2002-2003
- Systems Administrator at Interactive Media Corp., Orlando, FL — 2000-2001
- Systems Engineer at Shared Medical Systems, Maitland, FL — 1999-2000
- Specialist at Electronic Healthcare Systems, Huntsville, AL — 1997-1999
- Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
Juris Doctor 2006, cum laude, GPA 3.403, ranked ninth in class
- University of Alabama in Huntsville
Bachelor of Arts 1991, magna cum laude, GPA 3.520
- More than six years experience in advising small businesses in the areas of business entity formation, business and sales tax matters, business planning, protecting and registering trademarks and copyrights, succession planning, business termination, asset purchases, stock transfers, employment agreements, non-compete and non-disclosure agreements, and other business transactions.
- More than four years experience in business litigation matters, including collections, business torts, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, and other business litigation matters.
- Certified in e-Discovery by Kroll Ontrack, Eden Prairie, MN in 2008.
- Over ten years experience as a network and database systems engineer.
- Martindale-Hubbel Peer Review Ranking of AV-Preeminent in 2010.
- Better Business Bureau Accredited in 2012 with an A- rating.
- 2013 Orlando Business Journal "Women Who Mean Business" nominee.